Is extra virgin olive oil good for you? Read on to get more insights on the best olive oil for face, skin and hair, health benefits of olive oil. The post also explores on various uses that you will find amazing.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil.
Is olive oil good for you? This is one of the best natural oils suitable for your overall body health. Used as an outstanding ingredient in diet, skin care, face and nails among other uses. Olive oil nutritional facts indicate that, fats composition in this oil are similar to those found in human skin. This is a major reason as to why it is used as the best cosmetic product.
The ability to get absorbed quickly and being gentle on skin make it used as a natural moisturizer. It contains high percentage of unsaturated fats and Vitamins A and E. These are key elements suitable for healing a dry skin on face and also getting rid of sun poisoning on face.
Extra virgin oil can be chemically processed though it remains pure. There are no other ingredients added to processed brand except water. Pure and light brands make the best olive oil for face. Therefore you can never go wrong with this natural oil if you are planning to replenish and sooth your skin.
Being natural, you can mix it with other types of lotions without causing any harm to your skin or hair. Regular application is the best way on how to get a glowing skin without much effort. For making your nails glitter strong and healthy, this oil is all you need.
Chapped lips can be healed by application of this oil. This is also a way on how to get soft baby kissable lips overnight. The healing property helps in repair of the damaged skin.
Is Olive Oil Good for Hair
Best olive oil for face is also essential for your hair. This is a multipurpose ingredient that is applicable for all your body requirements. If you have been dreaming of a beautiful, lustrous, shiny, and silky and dandruff free hair, then try it out.
Apply on your hair before covering it with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes. Shampoo your hair and enjoy the outstanding appearance of your hair. It has high ability of penetrating you hair follicles to moisturize and nourish your hair.
You can apply slightly warmed up olive oil to your hair, let it sit on your locks for about an hour, then shampoo and condition. Alternatively, mix one egg yolk with two tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Keep this mask on your hair for about 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition. Your hair will become shinier and softer.
Olive Oil for Skin Protection
Olive oil for skin helps in smoothening, lightening and soothing your skin. It also helps in killing of bacteria and hence suitable for your hands, feet and body. Add little amount of this oil in water while bathing to enjoy the protection.
You can also get rid of wrinkles, dark patches on skin, age spots and blackheads. While exfoliating your skin with a mixture of sugar and honey, you are recommended to apply it as a moisturizer.
Patients with very dry skin have always used extra virgin olive oil for good results. It may sound scary to apply it on face but that is the way to go. Here is what you need to do in promoting a healthy smooth skin:
Olive Oil for Face Masks
Mix in bowl 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 tsp olive oil and few drops of rose water. Use this as a mask for dry skin. Once applied keep it for some time, later rinse it off with warm water. Dab it dry. Alternatively, make a paste by mixing some mashed apricots and warm oil. Apply this paste all over your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off with water.
Apply the paste gently as you massage your face to promote skin elasticity. It is recommended that you also incorporate this natural ingredient in your diet. Olive oil for cooking helps in supply of calories to the body which are easily converted to energy without complications. Olive oil soap is also the best to use for body cleaning due to its ant-oxidant property.
Best Olive Oil for Face – Brands
Here are some of the top rated olive oil brands on the market you can apply on your face.
- Olitalia Extra Virgin Oil
- Leonardo Extra Virgin Oil
- Leonardo Olive Pomace Oil
- Figgaro Pure Olive Oil
It can also be used as a makeup remover. When you place about two drops of extra virgin oil on the cotton face pad and apply on the makeup, it is gently removed without any harm to the skin. Utilize this especially when you are clearing makeup from areas around your eyes due to their sensitivity. Remember that olive not only removes the makeup gently but also nourishes the skin at the same time.
Olive Oil Nutrition Facts – Uses of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Regenerates the skin cells hence increasing skin elasticity.
- Acts as a moisturizer for dry skin and protecting of vulnerable areas.
- Extra virgin olive oil helps the skin to remain smooth and soft.
- Olive oil for face masks leaves your skin rejuvenated.
- Helps in reducing skin cancer and growth of skin tumor cells.
- For the removal of stretchmarks.
- Ant-oxidant property of the oil helps in preventing aging.
- So effective in the treatment of sunburns.
- Massaging of your skin with olive oil help in enhancing blood circulation.
- You can apply on lips as a lip balm to prevent them from chapping.
- You can repair you damaged hair by regular application.
- This natural oil is also a moisturizer for dry hair.
- Olive oil for hair helps in the removal of dandruff.
- Making your finger nails stronger you can apply it often.
- When mixed with lemon juice, it can be consumed to get rid of bad breath.
- You can reduce chances of breast cancer by using olive oil for cooking.
- Diabetes can be prevent by including it in the diet.
Regardless of the numerous uses of olive oil, you should also know how to use this natural ingredient for effective outcome. Moderate amount is recommended for consumption, do not consume in more at once. Avoid application to open wound unless directed by a doctor.
Storage should be in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight will ensure long lasting. When you store in a darker glass, the oil can last up to two years without spoiling. Moderate amount should be used during pregnancy and breast feeding since it can overpower the baby.
How to Make Olive Oil for face
- You need to grow olive trees and allow them to mature for several years before producing olives.
- With a piece of cloth laid on the ground, you knock down the olives to harvest.
- Separate them with leaves and wash them in clean water.
- Crush your olives to form a paste including the seeds.
- Store the paste since it is ready for use.
- Mass production of olive oil for commercial use can be extracted using machines.
There are different companies that specialize in the making of this oil, they brand it in different packaging for consumers. Olive oil prices may vary depending with the region or the suppliers. But you can obtain your best olive oil for face, cooking, for hair or for skin from any drugstore.
Afro Hairstyle is one of the rapidly growing hairstyles globally, and many people style it in different ways. But keeping afro hair also means having to keep up with various styling needs. That being...
For anybody with long and curly hair, choosing the best flat iron is not the easiest task. It’s not because of the entangled and the delicate curls but you also need something that won’t damage...