Yoga is very essential to your health and wellbeing. There are different types of yoga and each is designated to affect a certain area and part of the body. Reading this article is going to enlighten you on the kind of yoga you need at a particular time in your life.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These types of yoga have different systems of an operation aimed at improving your overall body health. We shall look at the following types of yoga: Power yoga, kundalini, Vinyasa, restorative, Hatha, Ashtanga and many more. The benefits of yoga range from emotional, mental, and physical. The types are performed with different poses and postures.
Different types of Yoga and their Benefits
Hatha yoga was initially discovered in India and it has spread to the United States and other parts of the world. The main point of focus by Hatha is on meditation and the patterns of breathing. It is performed in a gentle manner and it is the basement for all other types of yoga known in the world today.
The Pranayama and Asanas are the types of yoga that are incorporated in the Hatha type. The slowly passed postures and regulated breathing patterns are done systematically alongside meditation hence creating a sense of self-appreciation and peaceful mind.
The purpose and Benefits of Hatha Yoga
The main purpose of this type of yoga is to comfortably incorporate beginners into yoga without creating a false and hard impression for them. This is why it is the best yoga for beginners and it involves all the basics and techniques that bring relaxation and self-realization.
Hatha has many benefits that are aimed at improving our health and fitness. Through this yoga, we are able to manage and relieve stress. Regulated breathing patterns improve the respiratory system and remove anxiety from the body. The postures and poses aim at strengthening us physically. The meditations are essential for our mental and spiritual goodness. Hatha is much popular in the United States for physical and mental exercise.
Vinyasa Flow Yoga
This type of yoga incorporates Krishnamacharya and Sun Salutation.The12 poses that are well coordinated with breathing patterns and movements are much physically active.
The Purpose and Benefits of Vinyasa yoga
To coordinate the breath movement and poses in order to strengthen and build the muscle mass. This makes your overall body muscles to be tight and flexible.
The body gets to be strong and flexible with improved immunity. The chances of contracting a disease are eliminated. Heart conditions, diabetes, and hypertension are among the ailments whose risks are removed. Vinyasa flow yoga is ideal for beginners and the as for advanced yoga trainees.
This is a form of Power Yoga that involves a continuous series of postures with lunges and push-ups. This is one of the types of yoga named by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois a teacher of yoga. This is a physically oriented yoga incorporated with a series of breathing patterns and that are aimed at producing internal heating in an intensive manner.
The Purpose and Benefits of Ashtanga Yoga
The main purpose is to improve one’s physical and spiritual wellbeing. The series of postures and breathing in a continuous manner causes internal heating hence bringing about the purifying of sweat and detoxification of muscles and other internal body organs. It also enhances the blood and fluid circulation in the body. The muscles become flexible and the general body is made strong. The mind is activated and relaxed to calm.
Stress relief and weight loss are the main befits of this type of yoga. The intensive muscle and physical poses are essential for removing excess fats and burning calories. The systems coordination in the body is improved through efficient circulation. The meditations create a sense of knowledge about the being and the Devine. Ashtanga yoga is ideal for individuals who want to strengthen their stamina and also for those who are after enhancing their spiritual life.
Bikram is one of the types of yoga that is aimed at working on body fitness, muscle flexibility, and weight loss. The muscles including the cardiovascular are strengthened through Bikram yoga. Bikram Choudhury a gold medalist in weight lifting at the 1963 Olympics is the founder of this Yoga. It is done under the temperature range of 95 to 105 degrees centigrade. This is essential in the promotion of muscle flexibility and body detoxification. The series of poses are carried out in a heated media of the environment.
The Benefits and Purposes of Bikram Yoga
Body detoxification is a major purpose. The muscles are made to stretch and become strong and flexible. The high-temperature environment promotes body cleansing hence flushing out of the toxins that might have accumulated in the body. Bikram Yoga is known to promote fast healing of physical injury. It is ideal for athletes and advanced yogis.
Invented by Yoga Master B.K.S. Iyengar about six decades ago. It is best for the promotion of muscle endurance and flexibility. Balance and strength are also checked through an act of coordinated breathing hence creating body alignment. There are several poses made in a slower and longer manner. All the poses of Ashtanga are included in this style. The traditional aspects of Hatha are not left out. The yoga room is equipped with cushions, blocks, or blankets making it distinguishable from other types of yoga. This however makes it ideal for anyone across the board to carry out the activity. The young, elderly, and even the sick are able to exercise given that there are comfort media of yoga. This has made it more popular and it has attracted a large population.
The purpose and benefits of Iyengar Yoga
Body alignment is the major objective for this along with strengthening the muscles. The body balance is promoted and faster healing of body injuries. The Iyengar yoga is favorable for yoga beginners and everyone across the board. Those who are sick and the injured ones can comfortably carry out this activity. Some deadly ailments like arthritis are checked and chances reduced through Iyengar yoga.
This is the yoga that works on consciousness. The poses are held and explored to release the barriers to emotional and spiritual tranquility. The practitioner is encouraged not to focus on goal motives during the practice. It is done in three major stages. In the first stage, one is taught about his body abilities and the postures. The second stage is whereby the learned postures are held for some time and the mind is focused on internal awareness. In the third stage, meditation and postures are made and it continues systematically.
The purpose and Benefits of Kripalu
This yoga aims at promoting the spiritual and physical wellbeing of an individual. The conscious is awakened through the meditations. The self-realization comes to happen and the Divine appreciation also occurs.
This is yoga with brawn and incorporates the Ashtanga yoga in a more interpreted manner. A series of meditative breathing, stretching and muscle strengthening takes place effectively. Yoga focuses mainly on the strength and sweating of the body. There are various poses involved that ranges from push-ups, handstand, and touching the toes. This workout is done systematically and one pose emanates to the advanced one. The main benefit is to strengthen the body and make it powerful to withstand any adverse condition. The muscle stretching activity makes the body toned and flexible. Power yoga is popular among the United States natives.
Invented in 1986 by David Life and his associate Sharon Gannon who are managing and running a yoga studio in New York City. It was developed to embark on some physical and spiritual ethics that have been overlooked by many other types of yoga due to modernity. Such practices that were devaluated are revived and looked into again. It involves a challenging asana with the following aspects; meditation, Sanskrit chanting, devotion to god, scriptural study, vegetarianism, and listening to music during the practice.
The purpose and benefits of Jivamukti yoga
The main aim for the development of this yoga was to revive the devalued ethics of yoga. It also helps in conscious development and spiritual devotion to the Divine. This kind of yoga is applicable for anyone including the beginners of yoga.
The underlying energy is awakened from the base of the spine. The nervous system is stimulated with various poses and postures. There are intensive breathing practices accompanied by chanting and meditations. This yoga promotes the wellbeing of the nervous system with a healthy spinal cord. It is ideal for people with sensitivity conditions and anyone who wants to strengthen their muscles. Meditations create access to the subconscious part of the mind hence deriving relaxation and joy.
This is yoga for the Joints, connective tissues, and bones. The asana stimulation is deeply directed to act on regions beyond the muscles. This is carried out through the activity of systematic postures and movements. This yoga is soft and it takes a longer duration. The main aim is to promote penetrate the body as far as beyond the muscles. Through this yoga, the bones and connective tissues are stimulated to become strong and flexible.
Is the unique of the types of yoga? The yogi is made to lay on the blocks, bolters, and blankets. This promotes the relaxation of the body muscles. The tension is released and the state of the body is restored back to normality. This style of yoga is best for relieving stress and anxiety.
This type of yoga is developed for the healing of injuries and surgical recovery. It is administered in a gentle and therapeutic manner. This promotes fast development and recovery of the affected tissues. It is a health and life boost method of yoga. The surgical patients and other operations are ideal for this type.
Sivananda is one of the types of yoga in which several aspects of yoga are combined. They include breathing, meditation, dietary restrictions, postures, and scriptural study. This yoga is essential for the general wellbeing of the body. The immunity, strength, and flexibility are attained by Sivananda yoga.
This is the best style of yoga for beginners. It entails the chair poses that are very much approachable and comfortable hence making it attractive to new students. It is known to promote the injured muscles and transformation of the beginners to veteran yogis.
Kali Ray Tri Yoga
This type of yoga got developed in 1980 by Kali Ray who owns TriYoga Center located in Santa Cruz place in California. It involves postures and a series of dancelike poses and vigorous movements of the body. The meditations and Pranayama are made part of this style of yoga. The breathing exercises and meditations relieve the stress and improve the mental ability of an individual.
This is among the types of yoga that perfect in the following areas: prayer, selfless service, postures, meditation, pranayama, and chanting. It is an all-round yoga and suitable for everyone. It promotes the wellbeing of the mental, spiritual, and physical state of the body.
Mani Finger is a South African yoga teacher who came up with this style of yoga. The abbreviations stand for Integral Science of Hatha and Tantric Arts. This type of yoga was later made popular in the United States of America by Alan who is the son of this developer. Through this yoga, the energy channels are opened. Various aspects of yoga including meditations and postures are incorporated. The body becomes strong and energized as a result of ISHTA yoga.
White Lotus Yoga
Ganga White is the founder father of white lotus yoga. This is an advanced and modified version of Ashtanga yoga. It involves the combination of Breathing exercises and a series of meditation. It makes the body strong with effective immunity. The stress is removed through the help of this style of yoga.
This is a type of yoga that involves a series of tantric meditations and breathing practices. The Five Tibetans is a publication by Christopher Kilham a yoga teacher made in 1994 describes a sequence of Tibetan postures that are essential for dynamic exercises and good health. The yoga beginners are initially subjected to 10 or 12 postures repeatedly and progressive workout which will later be promoted to 21 for perfection. This yoga helps in the integration of the body and the mind.
This is a modified version of Hatha where the human spirit is made to perfectly blend with the idea of the science of biomechanics. This of the most unique types of yoga since it acts on both spirituality and knowledge pertaining to the outer and inner parts of the body. It is best known for its therapeutic and transformative characteristics. This style integrates our mind, soul, and body to appreciate and the Divine and has a sense of self-realization for the actualization of the concept of a human being. The different parts of the body are also aligned through a series of postures provided under this style of yoga. The movements and poses are carried out in a stylistic heart like manner to create more flexibility of the muscles.
This style of yoga builds on the spiritual capacity of an individual while relieving tension at the same time. It was developed by Swami Kriyananda in the 1960s. Silent affirmations are used in this yoga meanwhile holding a pose. This makes each aspect of asana to be deeply enhanced. The results for this are the alignment of the mind and body with the energy. Some Hatha meditations and poses are offered to the yoga beginners alongside the breathing exercises and posture transitions for the better alignment of the body and spiritual tranquility.
Phoenix Rising Yoga therapy
This involves the combination of body-mind psychology with classical yoga. The aim of this is to release tension from the body and the emotional blocks. This is achieved by the use of postures, breathing exercises, indirect dialogue, encouragements, personal body growth, and spiritual mind healing.
- eKO SUPERLITE: Manduka’s eKO Superlite Travel mat takes our natural mat on the go. All the portability, without sacrificing the support and stability. Wherever your practice takes you, the eKO SuperLite is there for you!
- ON THE GO FITNESS: Ideal for yoga, hot yoga, pilates, or any fitness class. The eKO Superlite is absorbent, yet highly durable. With 1.5mm thickness, the mat easily rolls and folds for the ultimate portability
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: Rippled surface texture for superior traction. Closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the mat, tightly woven scrim resists tearing or stretching. Mat grip improves with each use. 99% latex free
- SUSTAINABLE: Every eKO mat is made from biodegradable, 100% natural tree rubber with non-toxic foaming agents, non-azo dyes, no PVC or harmful plasticizers. All scrap is used in the production of other materials for a zero waste manufacturing process
- PRODUCT DETAILS: 68" x 24", Keep your mat in the best condition by wiping it down after every practice with Manduka All-Purpose Mat Wash. Its specially formulated to clean your mat without damaging the surface or causing slippage. Acai Color
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- PRO YOGA MAT: Professional quality ultra-supportive 6mm thick yoga mat. Perfect for the serious yogi, Pilates, barre, or fitness aficionado. For gym, studio, or home use. Pair with one of our performance towels for extra grip during sweaty sessions
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Discover the legacy-- Ultra-dense cushioning provides superior support, stability and joint protection. 6mm thick exercise mat provides cushion and support on any surface
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Beloved by teachers worldwide for nearly 20 years. Meticulously crafted in Germany, from PVC that has been certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX. Responsibly crafted in a sustainable emissions-free facility
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Our PRO series mats are built to last a lifetime. Closed-cell technology material wicks sweat and moisture, and is easy to maintain and clean. To keep mat looking great, use Manduka's Yoga Mat Wash Cleaner.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- EXCELLENT FABRICS WITH LATEST TECHNOLOGY: Heathyoga bootcut yoga pants with pockets for women are made from High-Quality Materials with 80% Polyester and 20% Spandex. The Fabric is Sweat-Wicking, Non-See-Through, and Ultra-Soft with a 4-Way Stretch Technology like a Second-Layer Skin on your body. Heathyoga womens yoga pants with pockets are designed with High Rise, Tummy Control, and Streamlined Hips Cutting that would highlight your figure gorgeously.
- FUNCTIONAL SIDE POCKETS: Heathyoga high waisted yoga pants women have 2 LARGE DURABLE SIDE POCKETS which are ideal for keeping your Cash, Credit Cards, and your Phone while you are working out at any place. Unlike the front pockets, Heathyoga yoga pants with pockets for women can let you move, bend, squat, and stretch easily or do any poses you want while doing your exercises.
- UNIQUE DIY PANTS: Heathyoga yoga pants with pockets for women allow you to move without restriction, furthermore with an innovative design at the cuffs of the yoga pants to create a Streamlined Silhouette and a Slender Look. If the original size does not fit your body, you can just simply CUT OFF THE EXTRA PARTS of the yoga pants to fit your body perfectly, and after that, there is no need to hem the edges. It can all be done by DO IT YOURSELF!
- TIME-SAVING DESIGN: Heathyoga yoga pants women would be your Best Choice either for work or casual wear, these bootleg yoga pants for women can be matched with a variety of clothing and shoes at all kinds of different workplaces, and you can quickly switch to Exercise Mode after your work Without Spending Lots Of Time to change your clothing so that both your work and exercise can be connected seamlessly.
- WORLD-CLASS SERVICE: Heathyoga womens yoga pants with pockets are of top-notch quality. Please check for your size carefully from our size chart and no need to hesitate for all these outstanding products.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.