Natural lip scrub is one of the best lip exfoliants for the removal of dead skin cells. In the article various natural lip scrub recipes provides you with directives on how to prepare and use your homemade lip exfoliator.
Best Lip Scrub Recipe
- 1 teaspoon natural honey
- Small cup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, sweet almond oil or sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1 to 2 drops essential oil (optional)
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Cotton balls
- Moisturizer or lip balm
- Place the 1 teaspoon full of natural honey in a small sterile cup. Gently warm the honey in for five seconds in your microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon full of olive oil, or almond or sunflower oil
- Add 2 teaspoons full of granulated brown or white sugar and stir to mix.
- You can add a drop of lemon juice if you feel like to create a soothing effect.
- If you desire you can also add few drops of essential oil such as spearmint or lemon flavored oil for a soothing scent.
- With clean hands apply the paste using a finger in a circular motion for 2 minutes
- Wipe the sugar scrub off the lips using the clean cotton ball and rinse with warm water.
- Finalize by application of your best lip moisturizer or balm
- Repeat the same for 2 times a week and your lips will be silky soft after one to two months.
- Store your excess homemade lip exfoliator in a closed container and keep in fridge for future
All Natural Lip Scrub
Baking Soda + Water
When baking soda is mixed with some little amount of water, it forms a paste that is suitable for removing dead skin. Baking soda is also a natural abrasive while water is used in dissolving and sticking the molecules together. You can use a toothbrush to scrub the lips together with your baking soda or you can apply using your finger as you make gentle circular motions.
You will be required to apply some Vaseline or a lip balm after the scrubbing using your natural lip scrub. Alternatively you can apply some olive oil or coconut oil after the exfoliation. Do not lick your lips after removing the dead skin. If you really feel the urge to do so then apply some chapstick and your lips will feel soft.
Lemon +Castor Oil + Glycerin
This is yet another natural lip exfoliant you can always go right with. Lemon is known for healing most skin blemishes such as black spots on the lips, freckles, pimples and many more. Therefore the same healing property is applicable for curing chapped lips. Glycerin is a natural moisturizer and helps in not only hydrating the lips, but also keeping them smooth and soft. Castor oil on the other hand is best used as a protective barrier.
Rose Petals +Fresh Raw Milk
Obtain some Rose petals and soak them in raw milk for some few minutes. Proceed to stir the mixture until a paste is formed. Before you sleep at night, apply the paste on your lips gently with your finger. Make circular motions for 3 minutes and you stop. After the 5th minute you can rinse with warm water and dab dry using a towel.
Finalize by application of some Vaseline or lip balm for moisturizing before getting to bed. Your lips will be soft and kissable the following day with a nice color effect. Repeat using this best lip exfoliator for two times a week and for a period of one month there will be a total difference of your lips appearance.
Natural Lip Scrub with Sugar
Sugar + Honey + Olive
Naturally sugar is an abrasive and it is the best at home ingredient suitable for lip exfoliation. When sugar is mixed with natural honey and olive oil, the paste not only removes the dead skin from the chapped lips but also heals and moisturizes at the same time. This is however the best homemade lip exfoliator you can never go wrong with.
Honey is medicinal in nature and is used in curing of many diseases. This feature makes it suitable in promoting healing of flaky lips. It is also a natural moisturizer hence keeping your lips hydrated all day and night long. Olive is a type of edible oil and it is added to the mixture to help in creating a protective barrier. Oil however ensures your lips are protected from excessive sunlight, cold and other factors that leads to drying and chapping of lips.
In conclusion therefore, when you correctly use your natural lip scrub and you observe no changers, the dry chapped lips could be a sign of a serious medical condition. You are however required to consult your doctor for examination and recommendation of best treatment.
The fight against COVID-19 persists as many states mandate the use of face coverings in public. Wearing a mask may be one of the simplest and most effective ways to protect yourself and others from...
A vanity dressing table is an excellent place for you if you’re thinking of taking your beauty to the next level. Do you have an extensive collection of makeup, and you...