Is olive oil good for your hair? Read on to get more insights on the benefits of olive oil for hair, how to apply it, and understanding exactly what does this oil does for your hair.
|AFRICAN PRIDE Olive Miracle Growth Oil, 8 Oz (Pack of 3)||More info|
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Olive Oil Hair Treatment
This natural oil is among the best ingredients used for skin and hair treatments by many people in the world. This is due to the unique properties of these ingredients. Just like coconut oil, olive oil has many health benefits to the body.
It is rich in numerous elements such as carbohydrates, vitamins, and vital minerals essential for the well-being of the body and its organs. Olive oil for hair, skin and for making cosmetics such as creams, lotions, and soaps, are among the major uses.
Being one of the best oil for hair, it has always used for different types of hair including African Americans, Asians, and Blacks. The oil contains natural components responsible for a strong, shiny, and well-nourished hair appearance. For the treatment of hair conditions like baldness, hair loss, and hair thinning.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
Olive Oil for Hair Loss: A mixture of the oil and sage leaves forms the best at-home remedy for getting rid of and preventing hair loss. Similarly, a mixture of olive oil and lime water helps in stopping hair loss. You can also boil gooseberries in the oil to apply to your hair.
Olive Oil for Hair Damage: Diminishing volumes of proteins in the hair is the major cause of hair breakage and damage. The oil is rich in elements that increase the affinity for proteins. Therefore regular application helps prevent and stop hair damage.
Olive Oil for Hair Moisturizing: Once applied to the hair, it helps in moisture retention in the hair hence preventing drying. The soothing property is responsible for keeping your hair soft and soothes the scalp.
Olive Oil for Hair Conditioning: This oil is the best natural hair conditioner. You can apply it while melted on your hair overnight and wrap it in a cap or plastic sheet. In the morning you will have your hair soft, smooth, and silky lustrous.
Anti-dandruff: Olive oil acts far better than all known anti-dandruff shampoos on the market. When mixed with lukewarm water, regular application with a thorough massage will leave your scalp clean and healthy. For the permanent treatment of dandruff, you can regularly apply a mixture of it and sesame oil.
For hairstyling: Olive oil can be used in attaining various hairstyles effortlessly. This is due to the ability to spread evenly in the hair and settle on the scalp. When melted, it can be applied on hair and modeled in any style before letting it to dry and blend with the hair.
Protecting of pests from the hair: Lice are among the common pests that are likely to invade the hair. Artificial chemical compounds are not the best in the removal of lice from the hair due to their harshness to the scalp. Olive oil is the only product that will clear off the lice without harming your hair or scalp.
Toning of dry hair: Olive oil helps in restoring the natural state of your hair. It helps in the treatment of dry hair to end up with cool well-toned hair.
Preventing Baldness: It was tried on grey hair with a success and it has also proven to prevent baldness. This natural ingredient contains essential elements that ensure your hair remains in place all the time. The anti-aging property, hair nourishment, moisture retention, and supply of proteins and vitamins, greatly helps in increasing the volume of hair within a short period of time.
Olive Oil for Hair Growth
What does olive oil do for your hair? The oil contains vital nutrients such as Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and iron. These are key nutrients for hair growth. They also play a role in ensuring that hair texture is soft, smooth, and shiny.
Good blood circulation in the scalp helps in promoting hair growth. Olive oil ensures that blood circulation to the scalp is effective and hence enabling hair follicles to receive the required volumes of nutrients and oxygen.
This element provides the hair with protection against protein loss. The proteins are bind in and hence preventing any hair strand from breaking. This is why it is used as an ingredient in most hair care products.
How to Use Olive Oil for Hair?
- Wrap your shoulders with an old piece of cloth or towel to avoid staining your skin or shirt.
- Take 3 to 5 tablespoons of olive oil and place in a bowl for the microwave. For thick long hair, you can use 5 tablespoons while for short hair use 3 or 4 tablespoons of the oil. For your hair use unrefined rather than refined ones.
- Place the bowl in a microwave and heat in 30 seconds intervals as you stir to melt. Alternatively, you can compress the oil between your palms to melt or heat on the stove if you don’t have a microwave.
- Once melted, apply the olive oil to your hair. It should not be too hot to burn your scalp. Massage your scalp as you distribute the oil using your fingers.
- Collect your hair together and wrap it using a shower cap or a sheet of plastic wrap. Clean any oil that might have dripped using a piece of cloth.
- Allow enough time for the oil to soak completely. Two hours or overnight can be enough for your hair to be completely conditioned.
- Once the time is up, remove the wrapping and wash your hair using a nice shampoo. Wash several times until all the oil is out of your hair.
- Allow your hair to dry and you should feel it soft and lustrous shiny after the olive oil for hair conditioning.
How to Apply Olive Oil to Hair?
You can apply it to your hair either before or after washing depending on the nature of your hair. For straight or slightly wavy hair, you are recommended to take an olive oil hair treatment before washing it. On the other hand, if your hair is curly and thick, you are flexible to apply olive either before or after washing.
Before shampooing your hair you need to apply as directed above on how to use it. Remember to do serious massaging for the oil to spread evenly on your scalp. Also with more concentration on hair strands to ensure the oil penetrates the hair follicle.
You can also apply during shampooing. This is done effectively by mixing shampoo or hair conditioner with the oil. While doing this ensure it is in the proportionate ratios of volume used. This method is effective especially when you have limited time.
After shampooing for some types of hair. There are types that are sensitive to proteins and can react with the olive oil. Therefore understand the nature of your hair before trying this process of application of olive oil to hair.
Olive oil uses – Health Benefits
- Used for cooking and as a diet for daily meals.
- Used as a lotion for skin, hands, and face.
- Olive oil for hair nourishment and protection.
- Making cosmetics such as creams and lotions.
- Making homemade deodorants.
- To correct skin blemishes such as age spots and, dry skin, and blackheads.
- Preventing stretch marks especially during pregnancy.
- Natural sunblock as a sunscreen hence preventing sun poisoning.
- Treatment of skin problems such as eczema, white patches, and birthmarks.
- For medicinal purposes and healing of most ailments.
In conclusion, therefore, share with us your experience on olive oil for hair or any other use you have to find substantial to improving and promoting your health status.
- Maximum strengthening growth oil
- Deep conditioning olive miracle oil
- Helps stop breakage, split ends and dryness
- Rejuvenate your dry or irritated scalp
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.