Does castor oil for eyelashes work? It is widely assumed that the stature of lashes makes your eyes look gorgeous. But not everybody is fortunate to have them. There are many natural remedies capable of letting you achieve it for those who missed out on having such beautiful eyelashes. For instance, Castor oil is found to be effective in growing and thickening eyelashes. It can also prevent them from breaking and can also trigger the growth of eyelashes at places where they are not present in abundance.
People are ready to spend any amount of money on cosmetic products for achieving beautiful thick eyelashes in this current world. One of the most widely accepted methods is using Mascaras; most women adore them since they are capable of providing beauty to eyes in quick time. But these artificial methods won’t work for prolonged periods. So, if you want to achieve attractive eyelashes, choose an effective natural alternative rather than spending on artificial products.
Nutrients Present In Castor Oil For Eyelashes
Castor oil is comprised of vitamin E, minerals, proteins, and antibacterial properties. Apart from that, they are also rich in triglyceride variants of fatty acids. All these properties make castor oil an effective healing agent as they have a wide range of health benefits. Enhancing the growth of eyelashes is just one among them.
Castor oil strengthens and hydrates the eyelashes and provides an environment that allows eyelashes to grow without a problem. The wide range of benefits offered by castor oil makes them an easily acceptable choice among many critical people about their bad smell and taste. Many people believe that the routine use of castor oil incredibly improves the quality of eyelashes.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil is a natural source of fatty acids that help moisturize the roots and nourish hair follicles for healthier, stronger and fuller looking hair, lashes and brows.
- FOR FULLER LOOKING HAIR: Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil helps condition roots and nourish hair follicles for healthier, stronger and fuller looking hair, lashes and brows.
- COLD-PRESSED: Sky Organics 100% pure Organic Castor Oil is retrieved through a process of cold-pressing rather than chemical extraction to help retain its vitamins and antioxidants and eliminate any potential irritants.
- FOR BEST RESULTS: Warm a quarter sized amount of Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil into the palms of your hands and spread evenly all over scalp. Comb through from roots to ends. Leave in overnight or at least 1 hour, then wash out with shampoo to reveal deeply-hydrated, luscious-looking hair.
- GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD FOR THE PLANET: Sky Organics Organic Castor Oil is USDA Certified Organic, 100% vegan and cruelty-free and is responsibly made in small batches with the highest quality ingredients.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Impact of Castor Oil on Eyelashes
Castor oil is packed with nutrients; hence they are extensively used to treat problems caused largely due to the lack of nutrition. It is a well-known anti-inflammatory product with effective mechanisms. They can naturally moisturize and rehydrate the area where it is applied, making it easy for the eyelashes to grow quickly. Castor oil for eyelashes makes them capable of penetrating deep into the skin and work from the inside out.
2. Best Time To Apply Castor Oil On Eyelashes
It is good to apply castor oil to the baseline of your eyelashes. So while applying, you should make sure that you are not overusing it. It is always recommended to use some tools which can aid you on this purpose. The best solution for this will be to use an Eyeliner Brush.
The best time to apply castor oil is at night, preferably a couple of hours before bedtime. While it is perfectly fine to use them during the daytime, there is a big advantage in applying them at night as this allows more time to saturate and start the process, which aids in growing eyelashes. Care must be taken to avoid them from getting in contact with the eyes, and in case it happens, you must wash your eyes immediately as this may cause extreme irritations.
3. Framing Your Eyes Better
Eyelashes frame your eyes, flutter every time you blink, and are one of the most underrated yet important features on your face. Most girls use mascara to make them look more defined, fuller and darker because, after all, we all love that big dopey-eyed, fluttery eyelash look. Unfortunately, not all of us are lucky enough to be born with naturally gorgeous long lashes. There is still an option if you were not lucky.
4. Saves You Cash
There is a huge range of eyelash growth products out there that will help you grow covetously long, thick lashes. However, a humble home remedy like castor oil is still one of the cheapest options out there
5. Longer Thicker Eyelashes
Apart from the fact that it will save your cash, castor oil has been super effective when it comes to getting longer, thicker eyelashes. It can also help prevent breakage and even stimulate faster, healthier eyelash grown.
Castor oil is high in ricinoleic acid. This acid is a very effective natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent. This can help keep any fungus or bacteria from inhibiting eyelash and eyebrows growth. Since the oil is also very thick, it may help prevent hair loss simply by coating the hair and protecting it from falling out.
6.Hydrates and Moisturize better
Castor oil works by moisturizing and deeply hydrating dry, brittle and tired lashes, giving them the nourishment they need to grow to their full length and height and making it easy for new lash growth to come through.
7. Strengthens Your Lashes
Because castor oil is actually jammed packed with fantastic nutrients that promote natural lash growth. This thick oil is rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and proteins that help strengthen your lashes and create a naturally full lash line.
8. Save Your Falling Dry Lashes
Castor oil is also high in omega 9 fatty acids, nourishing the hair and the follicle and the surrounding skin. Castor oil has a unique ability to be deeply penetrating, and this helps it deliver its nourishment deeply into the pores and the follicles that produce hair.
By applying castor oil on eyelashes, you allow the nutrients found in castor oil to soak into your lashes and your eyelash hair follicles. You can help turn dry lashes on the verge of falling out into smooth, healthy, and clearly defined ones. If you want to use the best castor oil for your eyelashes, go for the organic ones as it is going near your eyes, so you want the purest stuff possible.
9. Gloss and Shine To Your Eyelashes
Castor Oil also has a high gloss, lends a lush glossiness, and shines to the hair. A little goes a long way, and it is best to only add a tiny bit to the very ends of your hair instead of putting it up near the scalp if you’re looking for natural, smoother hair.
Put about two drops on your hands and rub, then smooth through the ends. If you use too much, there is a fine line between subtle shine and a heavy greasiness, so go very light until you figure out the amount that works right for your hair type.
10. Scalp Treatment
If you’re looking to regrow the eyelash, eyebrows, and hair on your head, you can use castor oil as a scalp treatment. However, it can be tricky to get on the scalp without thinning it out with lighter oil. You can add some melted coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, or another lighter oil to help get it spreadable enough.
If you’re looking to help thicken hair that is thinning at the edges of your hairline, you can use pure castor oil with a light hand, of course. Another use is to apply the oil to eyelashes to help thicken and strengthen them and help prevent thinning and shedding.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Does it Work
Castor oil is amazing and natural oil that can do so many things. Its herbal functions have been used since ancient times. It is a natural vegetable oil obtained from a castor bean. It can be used in food, medicine, and even in beauty products. The benefits of castor oil seem to be endless at this point.
11. Natural Anti-Bacterial
Castor oil is known to be a natural anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial product. It also naturally moisturizes and rehydrates an area of your body once it is applied directly to it. The low molecular mass of the castor oil can reach into the smallest pores and deepest of follicles.
12. Natural Makeup Remover
Castor oil may also act as a natural makeup remover since it does such a good job of reaching the deepest pores to remove dirt and makeup. The magic of castor oil lies in the fact that its uses are so varied.
Castor Oil For Eyelashes Side Effects
The greatness of castor oil does not doubt the benefits it provides are exhaustively extensive. The oil has therapeutic properties and can be used externally on the body and as well as internally. However, as wide as its benefits may be, castor oil for eyelashes comes with its share of side effects. So want to know what castor oil side effects are? Sit back and give a read!
Besides gastrointestinal distress, there exist side effects of castor oil on the skin too. Allergic reactions can occur in applying castor oil on your eyelashes and general skin as well. If rashes appear or there is redness of the skin, stop using the oil, and seek medical attention.
Castor oil in moderate amounts is safe to use. However, if you begin feeling itchy after applying castor oil on your eyelash, it might be one of the oil’s side effects, implying that you could be allergic to it.
15. Muscle Cramps
Muscle cramps have also been identified as one of the side effects that could arise from using castor oil for massaging your body. Abdominal pains/cramps, too, are the result of an adverse reaction to castor oil.
Another possible and quite a serious side effect of castor oil is the swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat. In such cases, immediate medical intervention is absolutely recommended.
Some people tend to faint or feel dizzy after ingesting too much castor oil. The unusual weakness has been defined as one of the allergic reactions due to castor oil usage.
18. Loss of Nutrients
The long-term intake of castor oil for over a week may induce the loss of nutrients such as potassium, which might also trigger fluid loss. The oil may prevent the digestion of some valuable nutrients and may lead to dehydration.
Can Castor Oil Make You Blind?
Everything that is known for good things may have one or two negativities. However, there is something you should know about some oils. There is a need to caution the use of castor oil without being keen on side effects. Castor oil can make you lose your eyesight. There are several reasons why you should not use it around your eyes.
19. Castor Oil Is Too Drying
Castor oil is popularly known to be an anti-toxin that draws out the impurities deep in our skin. This means that even though castor oil is oil, it will help remove the other oils because it really sinks deep into the skin pores and draws out the dirt and grime to the surface.
As such, it can cause our skin to become imbalanced, devoid of its natural lipids. In fact, although many have reported good results using castor oil in the oil cleansing method, more have mentioned that their skin condition took a turn for the worse after using too much castor oil in their cleansing. Many have also pointed out that castor oil is just too drying for their skin.
20. The Skin Around Our Eyes Is Too Delicate
Some of you will indeed argue that the amount of castor oil can always be in the cleansing oil mixture. Some people will say that it really depends on the type of skin. All these arguments are not true. Someone with normal or oily skin may not experience any harm using castor oil at all.
But still, it is not a good idea to use it around the eyes in any amount. And the reason is this: the skin around our eyes is ten times thinner than the skin on our face and hence, more sensitive and requires more care.
21. Temporary effects possible
While those who are using oil to remove makeup may find that it has no issue now, that doesn’t mean problems won’t creep up later. Often, the damage does not show up immediately but gets build up over a longer stretch. Since castor oil is widely known to dry out the skin, it is not really good to use it on the area around the eyes
As for those who suggest that castor oil around the eyes can help reduce fine lines or wrinkles, I have to say that most effects are temporary while there could be exceptions. I believe all oils applied on your face will minimize the look of fine lines, and as for wrinkles, I don’t think they can be eradicated all that easily with any oil.
How to Use Castor Oil Eyelashes?
Using castor oil is incredibly easy. Just follow these simple steps to get thick, dark, and long lashes.
- Dampen a q-tip with the castor oil (careful not to put too much on it), then apply the q-tip to the eyelash line as if you’re applying your eyeliner
- Do this every night before going to sleep.
- In the morning, wash the castor oil off with warm water thoroughly.
- Continue to do this for three to four weeks.
- The last and most important step is to take your new red carpet ready lashes out for a spin!
- ✔️ Traditionally Used For Hair Growth & Luster – An age-old beauty secret revered in Ancient Egypt, castor oil has been used traditionally to support hair growth. Our castor oil for hair is a nourishing and hydrating moisturizer for the appearance of thicker, shinier, healthier looking hair
- ✔️ Beautiful Brows & Fuller Looking Eyelashes – Our pure castor oil for eyelashes makes a great eyebrow and eyelash serum for daily use. Rich in fatty acids, castor oil was traditionally used in folk medicine to promote thicker and longer eyelashes.
- ✔️ Solvent & Hexane Free – Viva Naturals Castor Oil is USDA Certified Organic, cold-pressed, pure, natural and hexane free. This organic hair oil is made with only the highest grade of castor oil, without the use of harsh chemicals or solvents.
- ✔️ Great For Glowing Skin & Healthy-Looking Nails – Castor oil hydrates more than just your hair and scalp. Used alone or added to lotions, our castor oil for skin makes a nourishing, skin-softening moisturizer for face and body— or apply a few drops around the nails to hydrate nail beds and cuticles.
- ✔️ Beauty Kit With Lash & Brow Brushes – Each bottle comes with a complete beauty kit for all your at-home beauty needs: mascara wand, 10mL mascara vial, brush stopper, brow brush & liner brush. Remember to insert the plastic brush stopper to the top of the mascara bottle before storing to prevent leaks.
* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is Castor Oil Safe for Eyes
In general, it is not a good idea to put anything into the eyes that were not meant specifically for the eyes. As some of the other answers mention, some of these preparations may contain ingredients or contaminants that can harm the eye. Even a slightly different pH, even from castor oil, can cause damage. The tear film does have a lipid oil component to it that comes from the Meibomian glands.
It is not really a problem to apply different oils or creams to the skin around the eyes as long as you don’t react to them. But avoid getting these into the eyes themselves.
Here are a few guidelines to follow in using castor oil:
- Careful not to put too much castor oil onto your lashes. When the q-tip starts to drip, that’s how you know that you’re putting on way too much.
- Avoid putting any castor oil in your eyes, as this could cause irritation or puffiness in the morning.
- When buying castor oil, always make sure to use the all-natural refined version since other refined castor oils may contain other chemicals that may clash with the oil.
- Be careful not to drip any amount of castor oil into your clothing as it can stain. These stains are difficult to remove
- Ensure that you are not allergic to castor oil before using it on a sensitive area like your eyes. Doing a patch test can ensure that you will not have any allergic reaction to it.
- If you have a pre-existing eye condition, it is best to put off the use of castor oil until it clears up.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Before and After
As a lady, you definitely don’t want to miss out on those compliments about your cuteness, and having great eyebrows and eyelashes is just a plus. But what if you want them to grow thicker and healthier? Then castor oil might be the remedy you are seeking. You will learn how to use castor oil for eyebrows and eyelashes to grow them longer and thicker.
Let’s admit it, how many times do we often find ourselves enviously staring at our friends’ eyebrows and eyelashes that appear to be in flawless shape or perhaps looking very healthy? Well, it has been proved that eyebrows help shape the face, and thus having them in fine fettle adds to your general appeal. It is no surprise that most of us will go to great lengths to ensure that our brows and lashes achieve a great look.
Castor Oil for Eyelashes Growth
Castor oil is often overlooked for its skin and hair benefits because of its extremely thick and sticky consistency. However, if you are looking for a cheap, natural remedy for several common skin and hair complaints, then castor oil is definitely worth your time.